Twitter: @ontheshelfuk E-Mail: ontheshelfuk@gmail.com

Monday 1 July 2013

What's This All About Then?


I think this introduction may best be delivered in the form of a Q&A. With myself responding to what can only be described as a totally fictitious person whose resemblance to any persons living or dead is purely coincidental. For arguments sake (and to make this contrived first post, the most awkward of all posts I hasten to add, even more so) let's call this interviewer Michael Perkinson.

MP: Who do you think you are? 
JC: I'm Jon and I like books.
MP: Woop-de-do, why do you think we want to know what you think chump?
JC: Well, I work in a library and help to buy the books. I've been working in the book trade for a few years now and -
MP: Yeah, yeah I get the picture. Now what's all this 'On the Shelf' tosh eh?
JC: You need a name for these things and as I'll be writing about books and records mainly, and as these usually reside on shelves, I thought it worked as a blog name. It's also a nerdy homage to a song by my favourite band Belle & Sebastian Put the Book Back on the Shelf. Additionally it's also a part of the world famous White Hart Lane, home to Tottenham Hotspur. The Shelf side of Tottenham if you're interested...
MP: Huh, what? I dozed off.

Dear reader, before you doze off like our curmudgeonly imaginary interviewer, may I say that I hope that you enjoy this blog and can I also encourage you to comment, tweet and/or email as and when you feel moved to do so. Tweet me @ontheshelfuk or email ontheshelfuk@gmail.com

Let's see how this goes eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment